Protein-rich chocolate mousse
Do you know what Aquafaba is? This is the basis of this plant-based and protein-rich chocolate mousse.
Aquafaba is the fluid from a tin of chickpeas being whipped. May not sound very tasty, but we can assure you that you can make a delicious dish with it! This healthy chocolate mousse is very easy to make and ideal to serve during a dinner party. Or of course just to spoil yourself with 😉
Read below how you can make this healthy dessert yourself.
This recipe consists of only 5 ingredients that we simply start mixing. In the blink of an eye, the protein-rich chocolate mousse is in the fridge. No stress in the kitchen!
By beating the moisture from a tin of chickpeas at high speed, a compact mousse (or ' aquafaba ') is created, with which you can easily replace an egg. Bring the Aquafaba to taste with agave syrup and raw cocoa powder.
Serve fresh fruit like strawberries or blackberries at the chocolate mousse to finish it all. Fancy a different snack? recently a healthy carrot cake recipe has been placed online that you really must try!
Ingredients (for 2 people)
• A tin of 400 grams of chickpeas (on moisture)
• 2 tsp raw cocoa powder
• 2 tsp agave syrup
• 1 tsp chia or flax seed
• 1/2 Scoop Fit Green Protein Vanilla
• Optional: Dark chocolate nibs or grater
1. Drain the chickpeas and keep the moisture.
2. Use a food processor with a whisk to knock the moisture on, do this for 5 minutes until a solid mousse is created.
3. Carefully add Fit Green Protein, the cocoa powder and agave syrup. It is normal for the mousse to collapse a little.
4. Scoop the mousse into two bowls and place for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
5. The chocolate mousse can now become a bit firmer. Serve immediately after you have removed the dishes from the refrigerator.
6. Enjoy it!
Nutritional value per serving
- Energy-Kcal: 40.5
- Fats: 0,9g
- Carbohydrates: 2,6g
- Fiber: 1,1g
- Proteins: 5,6g
In collaboration with Healthy Wanderlust.